2 picnic shelters, shuffleboard courts, picnic tables and grills, volleyball court, restrooms, 1 basketball court, Rotary Bandstand for outdoor concerts, playground equipment, Aurora Players Pavilion, 1 hardball diamond, 4 lighted tennis courts, horseshoe pits, fitness equipment, 1/4 mile running track, 1 multi-purpose field for football, soccer and t-ball
Hamlin Park is one of the oldest parks in the town, being acquired in 1899. This 16-acre park is a general multipurpose recreational facility, and is the site of numerous public events throughout the year. Cars are not allowed to enter the park, except for drop-off of equipment. Parking in the park is extremely limited; so most parking for events is on the neighboring streets. The care of the park has been shared by the village, for capitol improvements, and the town, for maintenance.
The park is situated on the corner of Prospect and South Grove Streets in the heart of East Aurora, and within walking/biking distance for most village residents.
In 1899, Cicero J. Hamlin learned that the village trustees were intending to sell bonds to purchase land for use a public park. He then pleasantly surprised village residents by purchasing the Holmes Grove and adjacent property, which he then donated to the Village of East Aurora. At the time of his gift, he had only two wishes: that it be used always as a public park and that it be kept alive by the expenditure for its maintenance of at least $100 dollars per year. The village trustees were so appreciative, they named the park by formal resolution, “Hamlin Park”, and assured him that at an early date, and ‘they shall take pleasure in placing some appropriate place in the park, a tablet which shall recite the fact of his generous gift.’